• Provide athletes technical instruction in fundamentals of sport and player development • Coach student athletes during practices and matches
• Work with strength and conditioning coach to develop a strength program • Monitor team members for eligibility (grades)
• Schedule practice times, make up matches, etc.
• Coordinate travel itineraries and accommodations
• Prepare the budget and administrative paper work
• Recruit student-athletes that fit with the academic and athletic standards of the college • Arrange campus visits and scouting trips; observe competitions, evaluate talent, and meet with prospective student athletes
• Solicit contributions from organizations
• Organize team fundraising opportunities
• Schedule other teams to compete against, home and away
• Create schedule for non-conference matches
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be an accomplished coach, leader, and teacher both on and off the field • Demonstrated excellence in ability to teach competitive lacrosse
• Have an understanding and appreciation of the NAIA, philosophy, and the role of athletics within a private liberal arts college.
• Must adhere to NAIA guidelines, performance standards, policies and 5 core values • Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English
• Excellent organizational skills
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in physical education, recreation, health, or related field • Prior competitive lacrosse coaching experience required; collegiate men’s lacrosse coaching experience preferred
• Demonstrated successful experience in recruiting
• Must possess a current valid driver’s license, be vehicle insurable with a good driving record in accordance with The College of Idaho’s vehicle policy
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States as of the expected hire date and throughout the date of the contract without sponsorship from The College of Idaho.
Candidates meeting qualifications listed above should submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position, a current resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references, two (2) management and one (1) professional to firstname.lastname@example.org Application review will begin immediately; applications will be accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
With over 125 years of history, The College of Idaho is a regional and national leader in higher education. The College of Idaho is an inclusive community of exceptional learning that challenges the ambitious and forges pathways to success and purpose.
The College of Idaho is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing academic excellence through a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our Representation, Inclusion & Equity Statement
Status: Exempt, Part-time (.5 FTE)
Treasure Valley Youth Lacrosse League -
Volunteers are always needed!
When registering your child please consider helping by either coaching, assistant coaching or by being a team manager. Even if you’ve never coached or don’t have any lacrosse experience we need you! There are many opportunities for learning the sport so please don’t hesitate to volunteer to help out!
Interested in Boys Coaching? Contact email@example.com
Interested in Girls Coaching? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org